[MOBY-dev] Breakin' the services for the final API

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed May 25 14:08:42 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 14:50 +0100, Martin Senger wrote:

>    Well, it means that we have the same 'ns' and 'id' on two places now.

No.  Just like any other object, the namespace and id are associated
with whichever object is most appropriate, and may be blank.  Nothing
has changed in that regard.

> Why? I understand that a primitive object must have 'ns' and 'id' if a
> service operates on that primitive. But if the primitive is in HASA?

This is just like any other HASA.  AnnotatedSequence HASA Sequence ->
Both the AnnotatedSequence and the Sequence object it contains have
their own namespace and id, and these are not identical in intent nor
meaning.  The AnnotatedSequence might have a namespace representing the
annotating body, and the Sequence it contains may have a namespace
representing the authority from which that sequence was derived.