[moby] [MOBY-dev] Re: Problems with Biomoby servicesin Taverna 1.2

Rebecca Ernst rebecca.ernst at gsf.de
Wed Jul 20 07:24:38 UTC 2005

Hi Martin!

this vision has not been changed yet, mainly because noone seems to
understand Heikos, Dirks and my problems with the existing solution.
If you re-read the mails you can try to understand if you get the point
I can't make myself any clearer than that.
Basically I think it doesn't make sense to register an output as being a
collection if the results don't form an entity!
In our case e.g. the service 'getAGILocusCodes'. You give it a keyword
and it returns all AGI Codes somehow related to this keyword. These AGI
codes don't form an entity! Just because the keyword appears in their
annotation they are given back - but with no relation to each other.
For us it would be only logical if we would give many simple responses.
This is not possible as currently if the number of results is not known
we have to give back a collection.

cheers,
Rebecca

--