[moby] [MOBY-dev] [jMoby] few recent changes in jMoby

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 14:37:22 UTC 2005

Mark,
> I will add that function to the API right away, and I can code it into
> the currently deployed version of MOBY, so that it will work from the
> main registry

   That's great! Just let me/us know what is the exact XML structure you
are going to return by this new method (the best would be to put it into
the API doc I guess), and I will add it into jMoby at once.
   Which means that this new method will work from your moby central but
not yet from the others centrals, correct? Until their providers implement
it as well - but their role is here difficult because they cannoy use CVS
now. Do I understand it correctly?

> You will notice that I have added LSID's to the 0.85 API that is on the
> website (they are part of most of the messages coming back from MOBY
> Central).  These can be resolved to metadata to give you the same RDF
> graphs.  HOWEVER, the code is not yet up-to-date relative to the API
> (the API is at 0.85 but the codebase is only at 0.82).

   You mean the code for returning attribute 'lsid' in XML, or code for
the LSID resilution service (to use such attribute), or both?

PS. The clock is ticking - in 12 days I will be sitting in Philippines and
working on Biomoby :-) M.

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger