[moby] [MOBY-dev] [jMoby] few recent changes in jMoby

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Jul 19 14:22:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 15:00 +0100, Martin Senger wrote:

>   * added ways how to get RDF resources (Mark, I am desperately waiting
> for this one - in Malaga last week we created with Eddie a suggestion how
> to get URLs from the Central API...)

HI Martin,

Eddie gave us the update on his Spanish activities yesterday.  He told
me what you discussed and I agree that this is a good idea.  I will add
that function to the API right away, and I can code it into the
currently deployed version of MOBY, so that it will work from the main
registry, however it will take a couple of weeks to get it into the CVS
since the CVS codebase is currently going through a major refactoring
effort in anticipation of our trip to Manchester in two weeks...

You will notice that I have added LSID's to the 0.85 API that is on the
website (they are part of most of the messages coming back from MOBY
Central).  These can be resolved to metadata to give you the same RDF
graphs.  HOWEVER, the code is not yet up-to-date relative to the API
(the API is at 0.85 but the codebase is only at 0.82).  Again, I'm
trying to get the 0.85 codebase out as quickly as possible, but it is
taking some time as there are only my hands (5% of the time) and my
(highly competent!) co-op student Dennis assigned to this task... we
simply suffer from lack of resourcing at this end :-(

Cheers!

"Ontologists do it with the edges!"

Mark Wilkinson
Asst. Professor