[MOBY-dev] Problem with Biomoby 0.8.2 Perl libraries

Arnaud Kerhornou akerhornou at imim.es
Tue Jul 19 14:30:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am working for the INB in Spain setting up Moby Web services, and I am
trying to switch my code to use the new release, BioMoby 0.8.2 (was
using BioMoby 0.8.1 before).

I have a client script that is interrogating a registry server and ask
for a given service. If the registry server is the following one,
http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca/MOBY/Central, it works fine but if I
want to interrogate another one, I am getting an error.

I am instanciating a Central object with the following parameters,

    => URI: http://chirimoyo.ac.uma.es/MOBY/Central
    => Proxy: No Proxy Server

The instanciation of Central seems to go okay, but then when I want to
execute 'findService' method, I get the following error:
Can't call method "getValue" on an undefined value at
/home/ug/arnau/lib/biomoby.0.8.2/Perl/MOBY/Client/Central.pm line 1728

Central.pm line 1728 is the following one (in _parseServices method)

my $lsid = $Service->getAttributeNode('lsid')->getValue;

Any clue of what is going wrong or do I need to update my client code ?

Thanks
Arnaud