[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-dev] graphs

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Oct 17 10:57:42 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 09:36, Ken Steube wrote:
> A service producing AGI_LocusCode/DNASequence can feed a service
> consuming NCBI_gi/DNASequence or even NCBI_gi/GenericSequence.
> That won't show up in your graph I don't believe.

Well... that isn't really true.  If the service provider has specified a
namespace, then we must assume that they mean it.  Therefore the service
you specify above would not feed into those services.

> BTW I registered three new services last night
>   plantspGetPSeqFromAGI creates AGI_LocusCode/AminoAcidSequence
>   plantspGetDSeqFromAGI creates AGI_LocusCode/DNASequence
>   plantspGetRSeqFromAGI creates AGI_LocusCode/RNASequence

that is TREZ COOL!  This will feed nicely from the services I am
building with Zsuzsanna at the MPI where we are mapping the Snapdragon
loci onto the presumptive Arabidopsis homologue (then via Rebecca's
services to get AGI codes).  At the moment the Snapdragon service is
sitting out there on its own; once we get the mapping of locus to locus
we will be able to move back and forth between Arabidopsis and
Antirrhinum based on homologous functions.

Is there a database of Arabidopsis mutant images that we could link to?