[MOBY-dev] MOBY Central and the MOBY-DIC meeting

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Wed Oct 1 17:40:40 EDT 2003

Hi all,

as most of you have noticed by now, MOBY was "beached" by Hurricane
Juan, that gave Halifax a direct hit with the eye of the storm a couple
of days ago.  Unfortunately, the public MOBY Central is located in
Halifax, and according to the news at noon today they are still
predicting Saturday or later before power is fully restored to Halifax
city.  We might get lucky, but I think we should plan to have no access
to MOBY Central during the meeting this weekend.

IF ANYONE HAS A RECENT DUMP OF THE DATABASE can you please let me know
so that I can set up a local copy in case we desperately need it?  I
don't see that we will *need* to access the registry during the meeting,
but it would be nice to have the option (note that we do not have net
access in the meeting room, so anything we do net-wise would be through
an ad-hoc wireless network)

Weather, eh?... pretty unpredictable...

Mark

--