[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-dev] The winds of change are a-blowin'!

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Mon Feb 17 01:07:25 UTC 2003

I agree.

On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 07:16, Martin Senger wrote:
> I am very pleased to hear about new changes - they all look exciting. And
> I am sure that we will use the nearest opportunity (the Singapore one) to
> discuss them further.
>
> Here is one other thing to consider - the one coming from the discussion
> with Phil Lord (myGrid): notification. What I understood from what he
> explained to me is this:
>
> In the future, there may be more ways how to query the BioMoby repository.
> Some of them may rely of additional data that are not necessarilly stored
> directly within BiMoby repository (for example a semantically richer
> repository may accept queries defined in a ontology-specific query
> language which is not supported directly by BioMOby). This may look like a
> plug-in architecture in order to extend the BioMoby features - and it is,
> indeed. However, in order to allow seamless synchronization of such
> "plug-ins" it would make sense if BioMoby registry can accept
> subscriptions and later, when the repository contents changes, notify
> subscribers about the changes. Such notification may be welcome not only
> by another repositories to synchronize with a central moby but also for
> the "normal" clients which can seamlessly incorporate newly registered
> services, etc.
>
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Senger
>
> EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
> European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
> Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
> Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
> Cambridge CB10 1SD
> United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger

                                    |--==\
Mark Wilkinson, Ph.D.                \==-|
Bioinformatics Consultant             \=/        0010010010100101110010
Illuminae Media                       /-\
727 6th Ave. N.                      /-==|       0010100100111101010010
Saskatoon, SK, Canada               |==-/
S7K 2S8                              \=/         0100100100010010010101
+1 (306) 373 3841                     /\
markw at illuminae.com                  /=-\        1101001010100101010101
                                    |--==\