[EMBOSS] PNG/GD graphics library issue whilst trying to install EMBOSS/Jemboss v6.3.1

Mahmut Uludag uludag at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jun 3 13:08:44 UTC 2011

Hi Nigel,

I have discovered that I have gd-devel package also installed on my
machine and it is the source of gd.h file i have. I found this using the
"rpm -q gd-devel -l" command as suggested on the following page.

  http://old.nabble.com/GD-Install-Trouble-td18948476.html

In your first email you said Red Hat Network doesn't have gd-devel, my
linux knowledge is not good, it might be reasonable to double check
whether this package is really not available in Red Hat Network.

Regards
Mahmut