[EMBOSS] PNG/GD graphics library issue whilst trying to install EMBOSS/Jemboss v6.3.1

Nigel Binns n.binns at ed.ac.uk
Fri Jun 3 13:34:44 UTC 2011

Hi Mahmut,

I ran the command you provide and got the response: package gd-devel is
not installed.

I checked RHN again and can confirm that there is no such RPM package
(i.e. a devel version) available for our system (Red Hat Enterprise
Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago) 64-bit).

I'm probably being incredibly naive, but do you think it would work if I
manually copied the gd.h file from the gd distribution tarball (obtained
directly from the GD project website) into the /usr/include directory?

Best regards,

Nigel

On 03/06/2011 14:08, Mahmut Uludag wrote:
> Hi Nigel,
>
> I have discovered that I have gd-devel package also installed on my
> machine and it is the source of gd.h file i have. I found this using the
> "rpm -q gd-devel -l" command as suggested on the following page.
>
>    http://old.nabble.com/GD-Install-Trouble-td18948476.html
>
> In your first email you said Red Hat Network doesn't have gd-devel, my
> linux knowledge is not good, it might be reasonable to double check
> whether this package is really not available in Red Hat Network.
>
> Regards
> Mahmut

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.