[EMBOSS] Plasmid drawing

Stefan s.newslists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:54:01 UTC 2011

Hi Peter,

in our labs the people are also sad that they can not use the emboss
suite for such daily work. We use two different applications:

pDraw32 can draw plasmid cards. Very useful is the feature that it can
generate a new plasmid out of two with given restriction enzymes. This
can avoid a lot of little mistakes.

ApE "A plasmid Editor" is very useful to find features in the plasmid.
Often we get sequences where features such as the antibiotic
resistance are missing. This tool can quickly find them and make draw
a nice plasmid also with its restriction sites.

We would be happy to use for all of this work the emboss suite.

Also I would be happy to test.

Best regards,
Stefan