[EMBOSS] getting files in GCG format with annotation

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Wed Jul 13 20:56:29 UTC 2011

Dear Emboss list,

	I am learning to use Emboss after being a long-time GCG user.
The fetch command in GCG returns a file with the sequence in GCG format
plus annotation.

In EMBOSS I know how to get just sequence in GCG format with seqret.
In EMBOSS I also know how to get the sequence plus annotation default
format.
What I would like to know is how using EMBOSS to get sequence plus
annotation in GCG format
like in GCG.

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich
Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist,
Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center (HICCC)
Lecturer,
Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI)
Educational Coordinator,
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (C2B2)/
National Center for Multiscale Analysis of Genomic Networks (MAGNet)
Room 824
Irving Cancer Research Center
Columbia University
1130 St. Nicholas Ave
New York, NY 10032
(212)851-4765 (voice)
friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

I am a Bayesian. When I see a multiple-choice question on a test and I
don't
know the answer I say "eeney-meaney-miney-moe".

Rose Friedman, Age 14