[EMBOSS] Virus/Malware Signal in mEMBOSS-6.3.1.2-setup.exe

HALLING, CONRAD H [AG/2076] conrad.h.halling at monsanto.com
Fri Sep 3 14:32:47 UTC 2010

One of my colleagues downloaded the mEMBOSS-6.3.1.2-setup.exe installer
for Windows EMBOSS. When she ran the installer, the Trend Micro Office
Scan antivirus software that we use quarantined a file, which blocked
the installation. The Virus/Malware Name detected was WORM_STRAT.GEN-3,
and the file in which the signal was detected was
C:\mEMBOSS\is-4GB6P.tmp.

This may be a false hit, but can someone check this installer?

In the meantime, we are going to install from an older version.

Conrad Halling, Ph.D.

Senior Bioinformatics Scientist

Protein Optimization Platform

Protein Technologies Program