[EMBOSS] Virus/Malware Signal in mEMBOSS-6.3.1.2-setup.exe

ajb at ebi.ac.uk ajb at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Sep 3 17:02:35 UTC 2010

Hello Conrad,

The mEMBOSS-6.3.1.2-setup.exe is clean according to
the latest, updated, AVG-free (9.0.851) both as a file
and for a complete computer scan after its installation.
Also, though not primarily a virus/work scanner, Windows Defender
reports the same machine to be clean.

The filename, is-4GB6P.tmp, suggests it is a temporary file
produced by the Inno Setup installer, used by mEMBOSS. It is
not part of (m)EMBOSS itself and does not appear after installation.

The computer used for creating the mEMBOSS exe is not routinely
used for accessing the internet.

HTH

Alan