[EMBOSS] fdnaml prompts for (optional) Phylip tree from command line

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu May 14 11:47:09 UTC 2009

Hi

Running Emboss 6.01 with PHYLIPNEW installed (3.67)

When I run fdnaml from the command line it always prompts for a philip
tree, which is supposedly optional.

I know from the docs I should be able to turn this off using -options
but I can't find out what I can say to -options to make it stop.

fdnaml -sequence=/tmp/18702.msf -outfile=stdout
-outtreefile=/tmp/dummy.tree

Estimates nucleotide phylogeny by maximum likelihood

Phylip tree file (optional):

fdnaml -sequence=/tmp/18702.msf -outfile=stdout
-outtreefile=/tmp/dummy.tree -options=F

Estimates nucleotide phylogeny by maximum likelihood

Phylip tree file (optional):

fdnaml -sequence=/tmp/18702.msf -outfile=stdout
-outtreefile=/tmp/dummy.tree -options=0

Estimates nucleotide phylogeny by maximum likelihood

Phylip tree file (optional):

Please forgive me if I'm doing something silly....

Mick

Head of Bioinformatics
Institute for Animal Health
Compton
Berks
RG20 7NN
01635 578411

Please consider the environment and don't print this e-mail unless you
really need to.

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally
privileged and is intended solely for the addressee. If you have
received this message in error please delete it & notify the originator
immediately.  Unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of
this message is forbidden & may be unlawful.  The contents of this
e-mail are the views of the sender and do not necessarily represent the
views of the Institute.   This email, and associated attachments, has
been checked locally for viruses but we can accept no responsibility
once it has left our systems.  Communications on Institute computers are
monitored to secure the effective operation of the systems and for other
lawful purposes.

The Institute for Animal Health is a company limited by guarantee,
registered in England no. 559784.

The Institute is also a registered charity, Charity Commissioners
Reference No. 228824