[EMBOSS] fdnaml prompts for (optional) Phylip tree from command line

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Thu May 14 12:35:51 UTC 2009

michael watson (IAH-C) wrote:

> When I run fdnaml from the command line it always prompts for a philip
> tree, which is supposedly optional.

You can just hit return - if you do not give a tree file it will be ignored.

You can also use -auto to accept the defaults for any other options.

You can also put -nointreefile or -intreefile "" or -intreefile="" on the
command line.

"(optional)" in the prompt is just for information, there is nothing
automatic about it. Perhaps we can find a standard way to say that an empty
value is accepted (in the ACD file it has nullok set true).

Hope that helps,