[EMBOSS] fdnadist and fneighbor issue

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Fri May 15 10:15:26 UTC 2009

Dear Jerome,

> I'm using emboss 5.0 version, and come out of some problem.
> I've got a alignment of 15 dna sequence, generated by clustalw (emma).
>
> This file format seems to generate a issu with fneighbor, as it
> complains about 0 rows found in place of 15:
>
> This problem disapeared if i format the distance file in one line for
> each sequence. As i do all of this command as default, maybe i forgot a
> option in the fdnadist ?  This command is inside a flow of cemboss
> commands, so it's complicated for me to edit by hand each distance file
> to be "correct" for fneighbor..

There is a known problem with distance file formats.

For EMBOSS 6.0.1 there is a patch available to correct the ajphylo.c
source file.

I am working through updating to phylip 3.68 and there are some new
format issues with distance matrix files. They will be included in the
July release.

If you need a fix for EMBOSS 5.0 then we can try sending you a corrected
5.0 ajphylo.c source file.

Hope this helps,