[EMBOSS] meaning of "(Reversed)" in diffseq?

Andres Pinzon andrespinzon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:04:23 UTC 2009

I extracted this from the EMBOSS documentation, perhaps it'll help you
(specially the las paragraph):
"[...]
Each report consists of 4 or more lines.

   - The first line has the name of the first sequence followed by the start
   and end positions of the mismatched region in that sequence, followed by the
   length of the mismatched region. If the mismatched region is of zero length
   in this sequence, then only the position of the last matching base before
   the mismatch is given.
   - If a feature of the first sequence overlaps with this mismatch region,
   then one or more lines starting with 'Feature:' comes next with the type,
   position and tag field of the feature.
   - Next is a line starting "Sequence:" giving the sequence of the mismatch
   in the first sequence.

 This is followed by the equivalent information for the second sequence, but
in the reverse order, namely 'Sequence:' line, 'Feature:' lines and line
giving the position of the mismatch in the second sequence.[...]"

Best,