[EMBOSS] Jemboss installation error

Eric Userlist eric.userlist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 00:17:35 UTC 2009

Hi
I have installed emboss in an intel redhat machine (Linux 2.6.9-34.ELsmp #1
SMP Fri Feb 24 16:54:53 EST 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux) and tested
several commands that seem to work. However I get the following errors after
"successful" installing jemboss:

org.emboss.jemboss.Jemboss
   at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at _Jv_ThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
   at _Jv_RunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const, boolean)
(/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)

I tried to search the emboss website and related discussions in the
internet. Some people seem to run into similar problems but no solutions
were offered. I hope to get some help here. Thank you very much!

Eric