[EMBOSS] Prettyplot options

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Sep 22 11:53:55 UTC 2008

simon andrews (BI) wrote:
> I've been trying to make a nice image of an alignment using prettyplot,
> but have failed to find the right set of options to get what I want.
>
> I need to get the whole alignment into one image (png), even if that
> ends up being very long and thin.  At the moment it always seems to
> paginate.

An interesting challenge. I will take a look.

We were limited by the graphics library when we first rewrote prettyplot
for EMBOSS but we now have more reliable PNG options in plplot.

Pretyplot scales the plot to fit the page, so you need extra options to
make the page larger ... and I will make sure all titles and labels can
be hidden.