[EMBOSS] Prettyplot options

simon andrews (BI) simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 22 10:52:15 UTC 2008

I've been trying to make a nice image of an alignment using prettyplot,
but have failed to find the right set of options to get what I want.

I need to get the whole alignment into one image (png), even if that
ends up being very long and thin.  At the moment it always seems to
paginate.

I also need to get rid of all the text on the plot (including the
program name and the list of options etc.).  I've tried all of the
-gtitle -gsubtitle etc options, but there is some text I can't seem to
shift.

At a push I could get away with fixing either one of those two problems
as I can then fix the other myself, but the combination of the two is
making life difficult.

Is there an option I'm missing or is this not possible with prettyplot?

The nearest I got was:

cat muscle.txt | prettyplot -graph png -nonumber -noname -consensus N
-auto -sequences stdin -goutfile pretty.png -gdesc " " -gtitle " "
-gsubtitle " "

Cheers

Simon.

--