[EMBOSS] EmbossExplorer : problem to install

Duhaime Johanne Johanne.Duhaime at ircm.qc.ca
Tue Feb 26 19:52:13 UTC 2008

Hello

This message have also been directed to sourceForge. But I did not have any answer for now. Is there someone in this list can help me?

I have tried to install EmbossExplorer but I keep having the following message:
The requested URL /cgi-bin/emboss/intro was not found on this server when I tried to access the site.

/cgi-bin/emboss/intro is not there for sure as you could see below where I have put the installation process and the file created.

I have other application cgi/perl running well on that server.

I have seen a mail where someone has the same problem but there was no solution as far as I have seen.

Here is the installation view:

./install
installing EMBOSS Explorer perl modules...

Writing Makefile for EMBOSS::GUI
Manifying blib/man3/EMBOSS::GUI.3
Manifying blib/man3/EMBOSS::ACD.3
Manifying blib/man3/EMBOSS::GUI::Conf.3
Manifying blib/man3/EMBOSS::GUI::XHTML.3
Manifying blib/man3/EMBOSS::GUI.3
Manifying blib/man3/EMBOSS::ACD.3
Manifying blib/man3/EMBOSS::GUI::Conf.3
Manifying blib/man3/EMBOSS::GUI::XHTML.3
Installing /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/EMBOSS/GUI/Conf.pm
Writing /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/sun4-solaris/auto/EMBOSS/GUI/.packlist
Appending installation info to /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.5/sun4-solaris/perllocal.pod
`install' is up to date.
installing EMBOSS Explorer GUI components...

I need to collect some information in order to install EMBOSS Explorer:
./install: embossversion: not found
-e Where was EMBOSS installed?
        (default is /usr/local)
/home/sasircm/emboss/EMBOSS5bin/
-e Where should the EMBOSS Explorer HTML files be installed?
        (default is /var/www/html/emboss)
/opt/apache/htdocs/emboss
-e What is the URL prefix corresponding to the HTML directory above?
        (default is /emboss)

-e Where should the EMBOSS Explorer CGI script be installed?
        (default is /var/www/cgi-bin/emboss)
/opt/apache/cgi-bin/emboss
-e What is the complete URL corresponding to the CGI script '/opt/apache/cgi-bin/emboss/emboss'?
        (default is /cgi-bin/emboss)

installing HTML files to /opt/apache/htdocs/emboss...
creating HTML index file at /opt/apache/htdocs/emboss/index.html...
creating output directory at /opt/apache/htdocs/emboss/output...
installing CGI script to /opt/apache/cgi-bin/emboss/emboss...
copying manual support files to /opt/apache/htdocs/emboss/manual...
fixing permissions...

EMBOSS Explorer is installed.  Visit /cgi-bin/emboss to test it out.
Site configuration (including a list of applications to be excluded from
public access) is stored in the EMBOSS::GUI::Conf module (located at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/EMBOSS/GUI/Conf.pm).

The main style sheet, which can be edited to customize the appearance of
EMBOSS Explorer is /opt/apache/htdocs/emboss/style/emboss.css.  If you prefer the look and
feel of the old EMBOSS GUI, you can use /opt/apache/htdocs/emboss/style/classic.css
instead (the style sheet is specified in the EMBOSS::GUI::Conf module).

EMBOSS Explorer generates temporary output files every time an application is
used.  Depending on the tasks being performed, these output files can consume
space fairly quickly.  The old output can be cleaned up on a regular basis by
adding a task to the root user's crontab.  The following example runs every
morning at 0400 and removes all output files that have not been accessed in
the last 24 hours:

0 4 * * * find /opt/apache/htdocs/emboss/output -type d -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -atime 1 -exec rm -rf {} \;

Please report any errors or strange occurrences using the bug tracker at
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=124389&atid=699414

Here are the web directories

/opt/apache/htdocs/emboss
images/