[EMBOSS] EmbossExplorer : problem to install

david.bauer at bayerhealthcare.com david.bauer at bayerhealthcare.com
Thu Feb 28 09:01:50 UTC 2008

Hi Johanne,

emboss-bounces at lists.open-bio.org schrieb am 26/02/2008 20:52:13:

> The requested URL /cgi-bin/emboss/intro was not found on this server
> when I tried to access the site.
>
> /cgi-bin/emboss/intro is not there for sure as you could see below
> where I have put the installation process and the file created.

I have no idea what this means. According to what you specified during
installtion there should be a start script "emboss" in
/opt/apache/cgi-bin/emboss
So the starting url would be
http://yourserver/cgi-bin/emboss/emboss

> I need to collect some information in order to install EMBOSS Explorer:
> ./install: embossversion: not found
> -e Where was EMBOSS installed?
>         (default is /usr/local)
> /home/sasircm/emboss/EMBOSS5bin/

It looks like this is the directory just with the binaries and with non
standard name. So this could cause problems.
Check all the path variables defined in
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/EMBOSS/GUI/Conf.pm
and adjust them according to you directory structure of the emboss
installation.

Hope this helps,
David.