[EMBOSS] Sixpack/transeq frame translation

Derek Gatherer d.gatherer at vir.gla.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 14:18:37 UTC 2007

At 14:20 20/06/2007, Peter Rice wrote:
>Would a -alternative option be useful in sixpack?

Hi Peter

Sixpack could do with a real sorting out, as could a few of the other
translation programs, as I have mentioned before:

http://emboss.open-bio.org/pipermail/emboss/2006-May/002529.html

I'd be happy to produce a detailed spec. of what
sixpack/showseq/transeq does and doesn't do (as opposed to what the
documentation claims they do), if this would help.  I've been trying
to write a wrapper script that handles GenBank files and uses EMBOSS
translation programs as the core of its API, but have been
consistently frustrated by the bugs in them.

Best wishes
Derek