[EMBOSS] EMBOSS running on server (problems)

Andres Pinzon andrespinzon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 14:31:08 UTC 2006

On 9/11/06, Adnan Shahzad <imadnansyed at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Andres\
Hi Adnan! Im replying to you as well as to the whole list, maybe this
thread could be helpful for someone, sometime.

> For installing this I need following things right
>
> 1)       EMBOSS
> 2)       Web Server
> 3)       WEMBOSS
> Right

Yep, thats it.

> So when u installed the wemboss you took guidline from its "read me file" or
> you have to use some modification because I am getting some directory error
> for this that is

Yep, I just used that file.

> the location of /cgi_bin/ in the file system. I have added the appropriate
> entry in httpd.conf file as said in README file.
> But the server still responds a file not found ERROR.

Ok, by default cgi-bin is a directory above the webroot on your apache
installation.

> What should be the location of   /wEMBOSS_cgi/ in the hierarchy of the
> server?

What I did was not to use the apache's cgi-bin default directory but a
wEMBOSS_cgi:  /whatever/wEMBOSS/cgi-bin  and defined this directory as
executable in the httpd.conf file.
It should look like this:
ScriptAlias /wEMBOSS_cgi/    "/whatever/wEMBOSS/cgi-bin"

<Directory "/whatever/wEMBOSS/cgi-bin">
Authtype basic
AuthUserFile "/etc/shadow"
require valid-user
Order allow,deny
</directory>
Allow from all
###############################

Please take into account that AuthUserFile can have different methods,
this is just an example, but it should work. In this case what you are
telling to the system is that wemboss will be accesed only for those
users that are valid system users too.

> Operating system that I am using is  Linux.

GNU/Linux... cool!

Hope this helps.
--
Andrés Pinzón cPh.D.