[EMBOSS] Antwort: Manpage generator

David.Bauer at schering.de David.Bauer at schering.de
Mon Sep 4 06:57:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

there are a kind of manpages in text and html format provided with emboss.
They are installed in
<prefix>/share/EMBOSS/doc/html/emboss/apps
and
<prefix>/share/EMBOSS/doc/programs/text

The txt files are used by the emboss application 'tfm' which displays this
documentation like man does.
The html files are for developers of web interfaces.

If you want to parse ACD files you should have a look at the "emboss
explorer" web gui.
This uses perl modules to parse acd files and create the web interface
dynamically.

HTH,
David.