[EMBOSS] Manpage generator

Charles Plessy charles-listes-emboss at plessy.org
Mon Sep 4 04:28:50 UTC 2006

Dear emboss developpers,

I am a member of the Debian-med project, and we intend to provide Debian
packages for EMBOSS soon. First of all, if some persons reading this
mail would be interestd to participae to this effort, we are very open
to collaboration, and we even have dedicated facilities for this:

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-emboss/

It is part from the Debian policy that any program in the /usr/bin and
sister directories should have a man page, and EMBOSS programs do not
provide them, so I decided that I will develop a manpage generator.

For the moment, I intend to parse the .acd files, fill templates in the
DocBook format, and convert them using an xsl stylesheet. I welcome any
suggestion on how to parse the .acd files for this purpose (I have no
other plan than using brute force with perl).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org