[EMBOSS] Antwort: genbank retrieval

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 3 19:11:27 UTC 2005

Rodrigo Lopez wrote:
> However, EMBL-EBI make EMBLCONEXP available. These do have the sequences
> and are available from:
>
> ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/embl/expanded_con/
>
> I have not tested these with the EMBOSS dbiflat/dbxflat - but in
> principle they should work.

They worked for me with the current CVS code for dbiflat.

They are frozen at the time of the EMBL release, which is fine for most
purposes (all other EMBL entries are frozen in the same way).

If I can make the CON entries work - reading the list of entries and
building the expanded_con entry on the fly - EMBOSS will also be able to
use the latest versions.

Does anyone have a GenBank expanded CON division (as that was the original
request - although the data in EMBL and GenBank should be identical).