[EMBOSS] Antwort: genbank retrieval

Rodrigo Lopez rls at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 3 12:25:35 UTC 2005

CON entries do not have sequences as described in the EMBL/NCBI/DDBJ
guidelines. Please see:

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/embl/Documentation/Release_notes/current/relnotes.html#1_2_9

1.2.9 CON Database File

CON files include construct information for building contig sequences of
chromosomes, genomes and other long DNA sequences. CON entries in file
'embl.con' do not contain sequence data per se.

However, EMBL-EBI make EMBLCONEXP available. These do have the sequences
and are available from:

ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/embl/expanded_con/

I have not tested these with the EMBOSS dbiflat/dbxflat - but in
principle they should work.

R:)