[EMBOSS] emboss installation

simon andrews (BI) simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue May 10 07:29:01 UTC 2005

On 9 May 2005, at 15:33, Joerg Muehlisch wrote:

> Hi over there.
>
> I am just trying to install Emboss again, now under SUSE 9.2. After
> installing
> the package xdevel, that I found out to be needed, configure stops
> here and I
> can not find out how to solve this:
>
> EMBOSS-2.10.0> ./configure
> checking for gawk... gawk
> checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
> checking for gcc... cpp

This looks wrong.  Configure is looking for gcc (a c compiler) but is
getting cpp (the C preprocessor).  You should install gcc  and try to
run configure again.

If gcc is already installed then check that  your CC environment
variable hasn't been set to something odd as this will override the
autodetection of the c compiler in configure.

Simon.
--
Simon Andrews PhD
Bioinformatics Dept.