[EMBOSS] emboss installation

Joerg Muehlisch jmuehlis at uni-muenster.de
Mon May 9 14:33:25 UTC 2005

Hi over there.

I am just trying to install Emboss again, now under SUSE 9.2. After installing
the package xdevel, that I found out to be needed, configure stops here and I
can not find out how to solve this:

EMBOSS-2.10.0> ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking for gcc... cpp
checking for C compiler default output file name... b.out
checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot runC
compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.

May be somebody ran into the same problem or knows how to solve this anyway.
I did not have this problem the last time or easily found the solution...

So thanks for your help,

Jorg Muhlisch
a user