[EMBOSS] question about databank access methods

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Nov 8 14:53:25 UTC 2004

Guy Bottu wrote:

> 	Dear colleagues,
>
> I am currently using EMBOSS version 2.8.0. The manual at
> http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Doc/Admin_guide/
> adminguide/node4.html#SECTION00421000000000000000
> mentions for the databank access method "DIRECT"
>
> DB mydb [
> #required parameters
>    method: "direct"
>    format: "embl"
>    type: "N"
>    dir: "\$emboss_db_dir/mydb"
>    file: "*.dat"
> #optional parameters
>    fields: "sv des key org"
>    release: "63.0"
>    comment: "My own database with no indices"
>    exclude: "est*.dat"
> ]
>
> I tried the "exclude" parameter and it did not work. Do I miss something ?
> Has someone already used it successfully ?

Fixed in the next release. Not difficult to do, but needed some time to think
about it.

Direct access will allow exclude to specify a list of file wildcards to be
excluded, and then filename to specify a list of file wildcards to be
included. The exclude list has priority.

Both can be a list of wildcards, for example:

exclude: "est*.dat gss*.dat sts*.dat wgs*.dat"