[EMBOSS] error in ajacd.c

Bent Terp Bent.Terp at biosci.ki.se
Mon Jul 26 06:26:52 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 05:51, kenix y wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to run any emboss application, I got the following error:
> error while loading shared libraries: libnucleus.so.0: cannot open shared
> object file: no such file or directory.
> But the file is located at /opt/BioBrew/EMBOSS/2.6.0/lib/
>
> After I tried to set up the environment for using EMBOSS in ~/.bashrc
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/BioBrew/EMBOSS/2.6.0/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> the error changed to
> EMBOSS An error in ajacd.c at line 1534: acdfile
> '/home/build/BuildRoot-ia32/BUILD/EMBOSS-2.6.0/emboss/acd/wossname.acd' not
> opened.
>
> Does anyone knows how to solve this?

You need your environment set up as in the installation docs. Basically
add this to your .bashrc:
declare -x EMBOSS_ACDROOT="/usr/share/EMBOSS/acd"
declare -x EMBOSS_DATA="/usr/share/EMBOSS/data"
declare -x EMBOSS_DATABASE_DIR="/usr/share/EMBOSS/data"
declare -x EMBOSS_DOCROOT="/usr/share/EMBOSS/doc"

substituting /opt/BioBrew/EMBOSS for /usr/share/EMBOSS

<shameless self-plug> alternatively, if you're using redhat, you can
install EMBOSS through <a href="http://apt.bea.ki.se>BioRPMS</a>
</shameless self-plug>