[EMBOSS] EMBOSS 2.9.0 released

Peter Rice pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 12:43:56 UTC 2004

Derek Gatherer wrote:

> Will cvs still be usable?
>
> cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.open-bio.org:/home/repository/emboss login
>
> or does that have to be pointed at emboss.sf.net too?

We will be keeping the present CVS. Open Bio has been a good host, so we
see no need to relocate CVS to Sourceforge. We relocated once before (in
July 2000, from Sanger to open-bio) and would prefer not to move again.

We will have to relocate a few things that are still at RFCGR:

* The FTP server (that's where ftp.uk.embnet.org is)
* The mailing list archives
* The EFUNC and EDATA SRS databases (they can move to EBI)

We aim to mirror everything ASAP in their new homes.

The emboss.sourceforge.net website already has most of the content of
the RFCGR (www.emboss.org) website.