[EMBOSS] EMBOSS GUI : mwcontam : unknown datatype 'filelist'

Luke McCarthy mccarthy at cs.usask.ca
Tue Oct 14 20:46:03 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 10:25, Luke McCarthy wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 09:55, H.Ronald Yang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem using "mwcontam" and "mwfilter" through EMBOSS Web GUI.
> > When I click on the one of "PROTEIN COMPOSITION" tool, "mwcontam", from the
> > left side panel, there is error.  Right after "input section", it says
> > "ERROR" and "unknown datatype 'filelist'".  Is this possible to fix?
>
> There's no support for that particular data type in the GUI -- I didn't
> know it existed...  I'll put something together and make available an
> updated version of the GUI available hopefully later today.  Check
> http://bioinfo.pbi.nrc.ca/~lukem/EMBOSS/ for the update.

The update is available at the above website.  It fixes the error in
displaying the input pages for 'mwcontam' and 'mwfilter', but it is only
possible to upload a single file to each application.  This means
'mwcontam' is all but useless when accessed through my web interface.
I'll think more about this problem, but I don't think it will change any
time soon.  Cheers,

Luke
--
Luke McCarthy