[EMBOSS] EMBOSS GUI : mwcontam : unknown datatype 'filelist'

Luke McCarthy mccarthy at cs.usask.ca
Tue Oct 14 16:25:17 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 09:55, H.Ronald Yang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem using "mwcontam" and "mwfilter" through EMBOSS Web GUI.
> When I click on the one of "PROTEIN COMPOSITION" tool, "mwcontam", from the
> left side panel, there is error.  Right after "input section", it says
> "ERROR" and "unknown datatype 'filelist'".  Is this possible to fix?

There's no support for that particular data type in the GUI -- I didn't
know it existed...  I'll put something together and make available an
updated version of the GUI available hopefully later today.  Check
http://bioinfo.pbi.nrc.ca/~lukem/EMBOSS/ for the update.

There's no mention of this particular data type in the ACD spec at
http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/Software/EMBOSS/Acd/syntax.html#Acddata11 ,
but I assume it's just supposed to be a random list of files.  Can
someone on the list familiar with the internals confirm that this is
true?

If it is true, it's going to be particularly difficult to implement this
type over the web as there is no standard control for uploading more
than one file.  I'll probably just treat this as an alias for 'datafile'
unless there's some subtlety that I'm missing...

Cheers,

Luke
--
Luke McCarthy