jemboss installation question

David Garcia Aristegui david at cnb.uam.es
Thu Mar 13 16:10:06 UTC 2003

Don´t worry about the firsts warnings ( is a common problem with the
java interface an the Red Hat, for example ).

About the java errors: it seems you have a problem with the Tomcat or
the Axis/SOAP installation.

- Tomcat is runnig for sure? you can execute properly the examples
from your own tomcat installation?

- Look at the catalina.out logs under the tomcat installation, it
gives you lot of information; look what is the port reserved for
tomcat, other process are runnig on the same port?.

- If you have to run again the install script: check out the java
environment variable.

- Install script:
"The script asks for the locations of the EMBOSS download, EMBOSS
installation, Tomcat, Axis and Java directories. Axis is added to the
Tomcat (copying soap.war to $TOMCAT/webapps/ )." Copy the soap.war
again... and restart.
"The Jemboss server classes are added to the Tomcat CLASSPATH
($TOMCAT/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes/)". Look at the classes
directory, and check the symbolic links, they are pointing  the
correct files?  Maybe is a path problem.

- Check out the jemboss.properties file under
$EMBOSS_ROOT/share/EMBOSS/jemboss/resource/jemboss.properties.

Hope this helps, and excuse me, my english is terrible.

David.