jemboss installation question

Kevin Battaile battaile at mcw.edu
Thu Mar 13 15:33:23 UTC 2003

I have been trying to install jemboss in client-server mode on a redhat
linux box (7.3 and 8.0) without much success. I can get the standalone
version working on the 8.0 box (haven't tried on the 7.3 box) but the
trouble seems to start when I want to go client-server.

I have the following distributions:
EMBOSS-2.6.0
j2sdk1.4.0_01
jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4
xml-axis-10

I run the install-jemboss-server.sh script as myself, and I also own the
jakarta and xml-axis directories. Everything seems to go fine during the
installation. Tomstart appears to start tomcat as I can get the tomcat web
page saying it is installed. When I run runJemboss.csh, I get a bunch of
error messages spewing out on the terminal window. I login using my linux
username and password and when I try to run anything I get a window that
says there is a problem connecting to the server. I pasted a portion of
the error messages below.

Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong? I like the
standalone interface and would like to get the client-server version
working so the people in our group can use it from their pc.

Thanks,

Kevin

=======================================

[battaile at linux3 jemboss]$ ./runJemboss.csh
[1] 4093
[battaile at linux3 jemboss]$ Warning: Cannot convert string
"<Key>Escape,_Key_Cancel" to type VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>Home,_Key_Begin" to type VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>F1,_Key_Help" to type VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "Shift<Key>F10,_Key_Menu" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>F10,Shift_Key_Menu" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>KP_Enter,_Key_Execute" to type
VirtualBinding
Warning: Cannot convert string "Alt<Key>Return,Alt_Key_KP_Enter" to type
VirtualBinding
calling the server
Mar 13, 2003 9:16:57 AM org.apache.axis.client.Call invoke
INFO: Mapping Exception to AxisFault
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
 faultString: java.lang.NullPointerException
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
        stackTrace: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.emboss.jemboss.programs.RunEmbossApplication.isProcessStdout(RunEmbossApplication.java:71)
        at
org.emboss.jemboss.server.JembossAuthServer.show_db(JembossAuthServer.java:326)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:372)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:292)
        at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:276)
        at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:156)
        at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:437)
        at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:316)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:701)
        at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:335)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:190)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2347)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)