Mutiple alignement of blast results

Natalia Maltsev maltsev at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 5 18:00:43 UTC 2003

>Hi,

You can try to use our new experimental server of BlocksBlast and
Phyloblocks written by our Luke Ulrich.

1. BlocksBlast:
http://compbio.mcs.anl.gov/blast/psiblast_phylo.html

After you'll Blast your sequence you are given an option to select
sequences and submit them to Phyloblocks directly from Blast (a standalone
server for PhyloBlocks is at : http://compbio.mcs.anl.gov/ulrich/phyloblock/)

It will allign the sequences using Clustalw and also give you a tree from
which you can create the subsets using color coding of the clustal tree.
You can send  selected sequence groups to BlockMaker (Henikoff's ) to
create HMM profiles, concensus sequences  and alignments specific to the
subsets.

We will very much appreciate your comments about these tools. A paper
describing these tools should be out shortly

Cheers,
Natalia Maltsev

Natalia Maltsev
Computational Biology Group