[EMBOSS] update logistics

Thomas Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Fri Aug 22 16:50:15 UTC 2003

Greetings,
I was 'getting into" emboss several months ago. I have version 2.5.1
installed on my machine. Then work exigencies arose and I could not do
any work with it. Now I'm trying to get back to it, but am perplexed
about the best way to update the programs. My machine is running Mac
OSX 10.2.6 and I have fink installed, though I installed Emboss from a
disk image/installer provided by The BioTeam (Bill VanEttan) which puts
it at /usr/local/biotools/bin/.

For someone who is not a computer scientist, just a biochemist trying
to develop bioinformatics as a service for the clients of his DNA core
faciity, what do the cognoscenti recommend?

Thanks,
Tom K.

Tom Keller, Ph.D.
http://www.ohsu.edu/core