[EMBOSS] update logistics

Bryan Gibbon bgibbon at email.arizona.edu
Fri Aug 22 19:17:11 UTC 2003

Tom,
I use a similar setup. In order to be able to have current EMBOSS releases
I download and compile with the source code from HGMP with the following
commands.

cd ~/src (or the directory you downloaded the file to)
tar -xvzf EMBOSS*.gz
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/biotools
make
sudo make install

This places all of the binaries and libraries etc. in the Biotools
installation directories and it works great. Of course you have to install
the Developer tools (on the hard drive in "/Applications/Installers") and
Xfree86 packages (available from the Apple web site on the Mac OS X tab,
Downloads, Unix & Open Source).

Hope this helps,

Bryan Gibbon
University of Arizona