Install Emboss with Windows??

Luke McCarthy lukem at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Thu Nov 21 15:28:13 UTC 2002

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 Myrian_Grondin at UQTR.CA wrote:

> Hi,
> We are working on PC, OS Windows 98, and we would like to know if it's
> possible to install Emboss on our machine. If so, which software have we to
> install to be able to run Emboss?

Other posts have addressed the issue of installing EMBOSS locally on a Windows
box, but if you have an immediate pressing need to use the EMBOSS
applications, the Canadian Bioinformatics Resource offers access through a web
interface at

	http://www.cbr.nrc.ca/services/emboss_e.php

ou en francais:

	http://www.cbr.nrc.ca/services/emboss_f.php

Unfortunately, the interface itself is English only, but then so are the
EMBOSS applications (at least as far as I know...)  Cheers,

Luke