emboss for mac os x

Suksiri Vichasri grsvc at mucc.mahidol.ac.th
Wed Dec 11 06:50:11 UTC 2002

The installation of EMBOSS on MacOS 10.1.x and newer works fine thanks to
the efforts of Alan Bleasby. Just follow the instructions given in the
admin guide. After extracting the .gz file, changing to the correct emboss
directory, ./configure, make and sudo make install should be all that is
necessary to get emboss installed in /usr/local. Take care that your PATH
variable contains /usr/local/bin and that you add the PLPLOT_LIB variable
(setenv PLPLOT_LIB='/usr/local/share/EMBOSS') to your tcsh settings. This
variable is necessary for graphics output. Please let me know whether this
works for you.

Kindly,

Rudi