emowse!

Uma Maheswari uma at avesthagen.com
Fri Aug 16 06:37:45 UTC 2002

hai!

Iam using emowse program in EMBOSS to search a protein database for matches
with the mass spectrometry data.

When this database is just a few protein(100 seq) in fasta format it works
fine. but when I do the same over nr database I get an error message

	"An error has been found: Sequence is not a protein"

I downloaded the nr database in fasta format.(all the seq. in a single
file)  then used csplit to split it into indiuvidual file with the common
prefix and ran the prog. as follows.

Input sequence(s): pro*
Input file: b8
Whole sequence molwt [0]:
Output file [baa92411.emowse]:
   An error has been found: Sequence is not a protein

(note:'pro' is the common prefix for all the protein database sequence)

What can I do to avoid this error? Is there any other way to create he
database for the same.

Thanks in Adv.
Uma Maheswari

Avestha Gengraine Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Discoverer 9th Floor, Unit 3,
International Tech Park,
Bangalore-560 066, India.
Tel:91-80-8411665/8412308; Fax:91-80-8418780
http://www.avesthagen.com