Discouraging jemboss perfornance

Richard Cote richard at seqbio.com
Thu Aug 8 20:18:47 UTC 2002

Hello all.

We have installed emboss/jemboss locally. Jemboss is running on a linux
box, with a standard installation (apache/tomcat/soap). We have noticed
a *huge* performance gap between running some applications (eg
supermatcher, megamerger) through a shell command-line vs. using jemboss
(jemboss being significantly slower). How could this situation be improved?

Thank you for any help you can provide,
R. Cote
Richard Cote, M.Sc.                     richard at seqbio.com
Senior Bioinformatician              http://www.seqbio.com
Sequence Bioinformatics                     1-877-SEQUENCE
1410 Stanley St. Suite 704              (tel) 514-842-5356
Montreal, QC  H3A 1P8                   (fax) 514-842-7230