CD with precompiled EMBOSS (binaries)

ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk ableasby at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Sep 20 09:17:57 UTC 2000

SuSE and RedHat have been contacted. It is up to them whether they
wish to distribute EMBOSS. I will let this list know of any
positive responses.

The GUI from the STADEN group is nearing completion. Only BANANA,
LINDNA, CIRDNA and PRETTYPLOT need conversion now and are being
worked on. The gui will probably be released before they are
done (first release).

It would be more accurate to say that the gui is done but EMBOSS is
still being incorporated into it. The gui is effectively the STADEN
nip4/sip4 programs. As such you will have to ask them for it which,
for academics, means signing a licence agreement and then you get
the software free. Do not plague them with enquiries yet though. I'll
inform this group when it is available and whom to contact.

Alan