How to configure database file in EMBOSS ?

Maija Lahtela mlahtela at csc.fi
Wed Sep 20 10:58:28 UTC 2000

Dear EMBOSS users,

I am novice using EMBOSS and I would like to ask few very simple question
as setting emboss for use.
I have problem how to configure database-files locally for EMBOSS.
As we wanted indes gcg format databases we used dbigcg to do it. It
ganerates files: acnum.hit, acnum.trg, division.lkp and entrynam.id.
I was not sure where to place these files and in which directory I should
have .embossrc. As I listed databases with showdb it only includes files
from emboss.default-file.

Yours,
Maija Lahtela-Kakkonen

Maija Lahtela-Kakkonen, Researcher
CSC-Scientific Computing
Tekniikantie 15 a D, P.O.Box 405
FIN-02101 ESPOO  FINLAND
TEL 358-9-4572079 /050-3819506, FAX 358-9-4572302
E-MAIL mlahtela at csc.fi, Internet:www.csc.fi