CD with precompiled EMBOSS (binaries)

Tsvika Greener tsvikag at helix.nih.gov
Wed Sep 20 00:45:31 UTC 2000

Hi all,

1. I would like to run EMBOOS on my caldera Linux box (eDesktop2.4) that
support rpm packaging. I read in EMBOSS manual that a CD with a
pre-compiled EMBOSS is available. I would like to know from where I can
get this CD? I do not mind to use Red Hat or SuSe for that reason.

2. Also, I would like to know how much space EMBOSS takes after
compilation not including the Data base files. Is there any hardware
limitation regarding EMBOSS? I would like to know if 250 MB RAM and
PII-400 MHZ are enough?

3. Finally, I would like to know if EMBOSS have or will have an
X-windows interface like GCG (seqLab). I know that GCG are making Linux
version for seqLab (it is alfa version now).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Tsvika.