Installing PISE - words for the wary..

Catherine Letondal letondal at pasteur.fr
Tue Sep 19 17:28:02 UTC 2000

discussions about Pise? (or the pise at pasteur.fr address)

> If you have a new version of rxp you need to remove the -e flag in
> Makefile.in.
>
> If you have Perl with a funny name or in a funny place you should set PERL
> to the path to the Perl executable, and if the name is not 'perl' (ie
> 'perl5' or similar) then you will have to change all 'perl' to the correct
> name in Makefile.in.

The perl5 problem is now fixed: I have updated the aclocal.m4 configuration file.

Now, if perl or perl5 is not in your current PATH, you can call configure this way:
PERL=/path/to/perl ./configure --prefix=/path/to/Pise

(thanks to Nicolas Joly for helping!)

The rxp problem is more tricky. I think we will solve it by upgrading our
local version!

BTW, the last distribution contains a small fix for sequence format conversion
and a new XML file for program rnaga (ftp://ftp.ncifcrf.gov/pub/users/chen/, Prediction
of common secondary structures of RNAs by genetic algorithm).

> Then you can configure and make.
>
> regards
>
> ..d

> *  Dr. David Martin                  Biotechnology Centre of Oslo   *
> *  Node Manager                      Gaustadalleen 21               *
> *  The Norwegian EMBNet Node         P.O. box 1125 Blindern         *
> *  tel +47 22 95 87 56               N-0317 Oslo                    *
> *  fax +47 22 69 41 30               Norway                         *

Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center