Install woes

David Martin david.martin at biotek.uio.no
Tue Jan 30 06:34:52 UTC 2001

When installing emboss recently I get a load of errors due to libraries
not found. The main problem is that I have an old version of libz but no
lib gd in my system libraries and EMBOSS looks there first to try to
locate these libraries. I have the correct versions installed elsewhere.

Deleting -lgd -lz -lpng from CFLAGS in the ajax directory Makefile works
but is an ugly solution and not really ideal.

Are there any suggestions for setting the library search path or am I
missing something really obvious?

..d

*  Dr. David Martin                  Biotechnology Centre of Oslo   *
*  Node Manager                      Gaustadalleen 21               *
*  The Norwegian EMBNet Node         P.O. box 1125 Blindern         *
*  tel +47 22 84 05 35               N-0317 Oslo                    *
*  fax +47 22 84 05 01               Norway                         *